Generate a Semi-Constrained Trajectory¶
In this exercise, we will be creating a Descartes trajectory from an array of cartesian poses. Each point will have rotational freedom about the z axis of the tool.
Locate exercise source file¶
- Go to the main application source file located in
- In the main program, locate the function call to
- Go to the source file for that function located in the
- Alternatively, in QTCreator, click on any part of the function and press “F2” to bring up that file.
- Comment out the first line containing the
ROS_ERROR_STREAM( ...entry so that the function does not quit immediately.
- Observe how the ‘createLemniscate()’ is invoked in order to generate all the poses of the tool for the trajectory. Its poses are then used to create the Descartes Trajectory.
- Use the AxialSymmetric constructor to specify a point with rotational freedom about the z-axis.
- The AxialSymmetricPt::FreeAxis::Z_AXIS enumeration constant allows you to specify Z as the free rotational axis
- Find comment block that starts with
/* Fill Code:and complete as per described .
- Replace every instance of
[ COMPLETE HERE ]accordingly.
Build Code and Run¶
- CD into your catkin workspace and run
- Then run the application launch file
roslaunch plan_and_run demo_run.launch