In this exercise, we’ll initialize the ros components that our application needs in order to communicate to MoveIt! and other parts of the system.
Locate Exercise Source File
- Go to the main application source file located in
- In the main program, locate the function call to
- Go to the source file for that function located in the
- Alternatively, in QTCreator, click on any part of the function and press “F2” to bring up that file.
- Comment out the first line containing the
ROS_ERROR_STREAM ... entry so that the function doesn’t quit immediately.
- Observe how the ros Publisher
marker_publisher_ variable is initialized. The node uses it to publish a
visualization_msgs::!MarkerArray message for visualizing the trajectory in RViz.
- Initialize the
moveit_run_path_client_ptr_ action client with the
- Find comment block that starts with
/* Fill Code: and complete as described.
- Replace every instance of
[ COMPLETE HERE ] accordingly.
Build Code and Run
cd into your catkin workspace and run
- Then run the application launch file:
roslaunch plan_and_run demo_run.launch