In this exercise, we’ll load some ROS parameters to initialize important variables within our program.
Locate Exercise Source File¶
- Go to the main application source file located in
- In the main program, locate the function call to
- Go to the source file for that function located in the
plan_and_run/src/tasks/load_parameters.cpp. Alternatively, in Eclipse you can click in any part of the function and press “F2” to bring up that file.
- Comment out the first line containing the
ROS_ERROR_STREAM ...entry so that the function doesn’t quit immediately.
- Find comment block that starts with
/* Fill Code:and complete as described.
- Replace every instance of
[ COMPLETE HERE ]accordingly.
Build Code and Run¶
cdinto your catkin workspace and run:
catkin build --cmake-args -G 'CodeBlocks - Unix Makefiles' source ./devel/setup.bash
- Then run the application launch file:
roslaunch plan_and_run demo_setup.launch roslaunch plan_and_run demo_run.launch