This exercise consists of setting up the Descartes Robot Model and Path Planner that our node will use to plan a path from a semi-constrained trajectory of the tool.
Locate Exercise Source File¶
- Go to the main application source file located in
- In the main program, locate the function call to
- Go to the source file for that function located in the
- Alternatively, in QTCreator, you can click in any part of the function and press “F2” to bring up that file.
- Comment out the first line containing the
ROS_ERROR_STREAM( ...entry so that the function doesn’t quit immediately.
- Invoke the descartes_core::RobotModel::initialize() method in order to properly initialize the robot.
- Similarly, initialize the Descartes planner by passing the
robot_model_variable into the
- Find comment block that starts with
/* Fill Code:and complete as described.
- Replace every instance of
[ COMPLETE HERE ]accordingly.
Build Code and Run¶
cdinto your catkin workspace and run
- Then run the application launch file:
roslaunch plan_and_run demo_run.launch